Tuesday 10 May 2011

brewing a storm in my tea cup...

i have a fetish for coffee mugs... given a choice, i'd probably buy a dedicated china cabinet and fill it up with mugs that catch my fancy.
(btw, why is that its almost always 'coffee'mugs and 'tea'cups... ?? i have never had a drop of coffee so far in life, despite my love of mugs !)

coming to the point of this post, over the past few days, i've developed an irrational craving to get some small tea cups (dont ask me why - by already saying its irrational, i've absolved myself of the need to give any explanation) ... maybe some little floral designs, or maybe something in blue china ... the mugs that i do have now are all the typically huge 11oz ones...

since i can never bring myself to drink 11oz( which is more than 300ml) of tea (or any other beverage) at a given time, i just fill my mugs to about half, or maybe a little more sometimes.... i think i suddenly want the cute,smaller cups so that i can see them brimming to the full...

i am putting the brakes on my impulsive cravings, however, as my reluctance to accumulate stuff at this point overpowers my desire for teacups, buttercups, or anything else... having hauled suitcases back and forth so many times  across the oceans in these past few years, my primary concern when buying something is the 'packability' of it :)

the amount of bubble wrap, tape, other 'packing and stuffing' supplies i've gone through in these years would have been enough to embalm an extra-large mummy...

so am just sitting tight for now, but someday i just want to be at that point where i know i am 'home' for good... and i can feel free to give myself some retail therapy without worrying about too many things... till then, well, siggghhhhh.....

chai, tea, tea cup, storm in my tea cup, coffee mug

No comments:

Post a Comment